Loss and Expense Ascertainment
When to use it: Loss and expense claims are made by Contractors when certain events occur. These may include delay for which the Employer is responsible, instructions, discrepancies between Contract Documents, etc. Contractors will prepare and submit claims for these matters and these require to be evaluated and assessed in accordance with the provisions of the building contract. Such claims may represent prolongation costs (arising from delays to the works) or disruption costs (uneconomic working).
Mensura will review the review the claims submitted and make a recommendation under the contract based on that documentation.
Scope of Service
Our Loss and Expense Ascertainment service includes:
- Receipt and review of Contractor's claim for loss and expense
- Record of queries raised with the Contractor and answers received
- Recommendation as to the validity of the claim under the contract
- Recommendation as to the value of the claim made
- Notes of any issues or concerns.