Expert Witness Services
When to use it: We only accept appointment as Expert Witness from Instructing Solicitors or Insurance Companies. Our services are available for Parties whose projects are involved in proceedings in Adjudication, Mediation, Arbitration or Litigation (or such involvement is likely). We undertake conflict of interest checks before accepting any appointment. A non-refundable deposit (plus VAT) is required to be lodged with us prior to our agreeing to accept any appointment. This will be credited against our first invoice should the matter proceed.
Scope of Service
Our independent Expert Witness service includes:
- Reading in.
- Removing peripheral material in order to get to the heart of the matter.
- Advising on the contract mechanism and the allocation of risk.
- Checking whether correct contractual procedures have been followed.
- Checking records are contemporaneous and accurate, highlighting any inconsistencies.
- Providing a preliminary technical report to give a thorough understanding of the Client's position.
- Providing additional technical reports on specified matters, as requested.
- Preparing a Part 35 compliant Expert's Report on Quantum.
- Briefing Counsel and answering any questions pre-trial.
- Attendance at Adjudication, Court or other Forum (including International Arbitrations) and giving evidence.
- Reading transcripts overnight and providing assistance in cross-examination.