Commercial Claims Preparation/Assessment
When to use it: Our Commercial Claims service is used when conflict or a dispute has arisen that has not yet proceeded to a formal dispute resolution. If the project is proceeding normally and you require assistance in these areas then please see our range of Post Contract Services. If the matter has reached the stage whereby, for example, a Notice of Adjudication has been issued then please see our Dispute Resolution or Legal Services. This is the right place for everything else. Charges are levied per item. Thus, if you wish us to evaluate, say, five variations then insert the order quantity as 5. Discounts are available when purchasing three or more items at the same time. Please contact us for a discount code which will be added to your account. Create an account here.
Scope of Service
Work is carried out in accordance with the terms and conditions of the building contract you have signed. Our work involves:
- Assessment of the principle of the claim in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Assessment whether there are any extra-contractual grounds for the claim.
- Assessment of the quantum of the claim in accordance with the contractual provisions for Valuation (or, if none, in accordance with good practice).
- Documentation of the grounds for prosecuting (or resisting, as the case may be) the claim.
- Preparation of the a Report supported by calculations in respect of the claim for issue to the other Party.
- Limited time (max half a day) negotiating settlement of the claim. If the claim cannot be resolved within this time then we will advise you of next steps.