When to use it: Opportunities present themselves to use Expert Determination in several ways. These include:
- When the dispute is suited to issues of valuation and the assessment of quantum.
- As a short-cut to avoid litigation (or even adjudication) by virtue of its simpler and more cost effective procedures.
- When the parties want the Neutral to conduct their own investigations without having to refer back to the parties resulting in savings in cost and time.
Scope of Service
Our ED services are based on the appointment of a single Neutral person, expert in their field, to review materials provided to them and to provide a binding Decision on the merits of the issues raised. It provides an unbiased and definitive assessment of the parties' relative positions.
Our ED services includes:
- Ability to select your own Neutral person from our panel, subject to availability.
- Completing the administrative arrangements for the ED to be carried out, including the ED agreement.
- Establishment of the procedure and issue of Directions.
- Receipt and evaluation of agreed document bundles.
- Publication of a Decision with reasons.
We will require certain information to be provided by the Parties before we are able to start work. We will set this out in our confirmation email to you. Documents are delivered electronically using our Service Centre or via our on-line Dispute Resolution Centre (coming soon).